On behalf of the VMware Validated Design team, we are excited to announce the General Availability of the VMware Validated Design for Software-Defined Data Center 2.0.
What are the VMware Validated Designs?
A VMware Validated Design is a comprehensive set of documents that provide a prescriptive and extensively-tested blueprint to deploy and operate a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) using VMware’s technology. VMware Validated Designs synthesize the full SDDC software stack: compute, storage, networking, and management into standardized, streamlined and scalable designs, and provide detailed guidance for an optimal deployment and efficient on-going operations.
Each design is developed by experts, and rigorously tested and validated to ensure successful deployment and efficient on-going operations. Interoperability testing ensures that a validated design stays valid as subsequent versions of component products are released.
A complete VMware Validated Design includes:
- Release Notes
- Architecture Details
- Architecture Diagrams
- Planning and Preparation
- Pre-Deployment Checklists
- Configuration Workbooks
- Validation Workbooks
- Implementation Guides
- Operational Guidance
What’s New in this Release?
Version 2.0 marks the first public release of the VVD product, which previously had only been available to customers via VMware’s Professional Services and partners.
This release provides the following new features:
- Updated Bill of Materials that incorporates all new product versions, in particular the inclusion of vRealize Automation 7.0.1.
- Enhanced dynamic routing design that optimizes the management and tenant workloads.
- A streamlined vRealize Log Insight installation process.
- Greatly simplified network architecture of the Management Infrastructure.
For more information, please visit:
- Download the VMware Validated Design for Software-Defined Data Center 2.0 http://www.vmware.com/go/vvd-sddc
- VMware Validated Design for Software-Defined Data Center 2.0 Release Notes: http://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/vvd/20/vmware-validated-design-20-release-notes.html
- In addition, with the General Availability of this design VMware Validated Design for Software-Defined Data Center 2.0 it is my pleasure to share the VMware Validated Design for Software-Defined Data Center 2.0 Reference Poster for this incredible release.
This poster depicts many portions of the fundamental architecture for both quick reference and discussion.
Going to VMworld 2016 US and Europe?
Be sure to register for the technical deep dives that members of the engineering and I will be presenting throughout the event or catch us in the Hands-on Labs.